It has become popular over the last year or so for people to write scripture passages for their daily devotions. My first introduction to this was last November when a friend posted a Thanksgiving 30 day scripture writing plan on Facebook. I really enjoyed the challenge of reading and copying a passage from my Bible each day. I had every intention of finding more 30 day plans (there are plenty of them out in internet land!) but life became hectic and I never followed through. However, I did keep my journal so that I could add to it in the future. A few days ago, I saw someone post a 30 day writing challenge for July. It inspired me to design my own writing plan…
Instead of doing monthly challenges, I decided that I wanted to create themed challenges. The first installment of this series is LOVE! They are still 30 day plans so that they can line up with a calendar if I want them too. My first theme that I am working on is the Fruit of the Spirit. Each 30 day challenge will focus on each of the Fruits of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5:22-23:
“But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
PLEASE NOTE: I use the New International Version (NIV). So the passages I have listed are based on my NIV concordance for specific words like love, joy, etc. Other versions may or may not use the same wording. Most of the Fruit of the Spirit words are pretty straight forward and the meaning of the passage will remain the same. If your version does not have a specific word that you expect from whatever plan you are doing, look for a synonym of that word in the passage. Also, I may also use passages that use other words that support the theme… such as the Joy theme using a verse that says “Rejoice.”
I plan to post each segment of the series as I complete them… which could take several weeks or several months depending on how much time I am able to put into them. By posting them as I finish them, it will allow you to choose from any of the topics in any giving time frame you choose.
Suggestions for how to be successful with this challenge:
- Decide ahead of time where you will be writing down the scripture. You could use a journal, notebook, or print out the lined writing page I have provided to keep in a 3 ring binder.
- Print a copy of the challenge so that it is easily accessible to you. Keep it in your Bible or in the journal, notebook, or binder you are using.
- Decide what time of day you will be writing your passage of scripture. Try to stick to a daily routine so that you are consistent. If you get behind, try to catch up later in the day or do two days at a time. The further behind you get, the harder it will be to catch up.
- Pray that the Lord will speak to you through His Word before reading and writing each passage.
- Reflect each day on how you can apply the passage of scripture to your life.
Please comment below to let me know that you are doing this challenge! I would love to hear from you!
Papyrus (30 Day Plan): CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Black & White (Plan & Lined Paper): CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD